Things You Need to Know to Survive in Mrs. Thomas’ Class
1. Come to class prepared. You must bring your binder (or equivalent) supplied with lined paper and a pen to each and every class.
2. It’s O.K. to make a mistake. I make mistakes all the time. I would rather you took a chance at answering a question and get it wrong than not try at all. Some of the most important discoveries in science came from a mistake!
3. Ask questions. If you don’t understand something – ask. If my instructions aren’t clear – ask. If you are unsure of something – ask. It is very likely that at least one other person in the class has the exact same question.
4. Keep up with your work. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get the work you’ve missed.
5. You ALWAYS have homework. Even if I don’t assign any homework you should always review class material, especially your vocabulary list, on a weekly basis.
6. Extra help is available. I will offer extra help everyday at lunch in my classroom as long as you tell me you’re coming.
7. Late assignments will not go unnoticed. Be prepared to stay at lunch everyday until it’s done. I don’t give zeros.
8. You must bring your agenda to every class. Keeping yourself organized is an important skill to start practicing now. You can do that by writing down all homework and due dates in your agenda regularly.
9. There will be consequences for bad behaviour. I do not tolerate students disrespecting their peers or me. Lunchtime and after school detentions will be assigned.
***When attending lunch time help (or for detention), please bring your lunch with you or let me know you are buying your lunch before doing so.